CBF Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling Ministries
We welcome Gerry Hutchinson as CBF's new Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling Ministries Manager. Gerry began his work with CBF on March 1, 2014. For more information read CBF's press release.
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship offers endorsement to over 600 Chaplains and Pastoral Counselors in a variety of diverse settings. These areas include military, hospital, pastoral care facilities, hospice, public safety, Department of Veterans Affiars, continuing care communities, corrections, university campuses, and more. The CBF also provides endorsements for membership in various professional organizations, including the Association of Professional Chaplains, American Association of Pastoral Counselors and the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.
As Chaplains and Pastoral Counselors minister to patients, clients, soldiers, residents, sailors, students, prisoners, etc., they are fulfilling their God given mission. Chaplains and Pastoral Counselors are the expression of the ministry of the CBF and congregations. They serve as the presence of Christ throughout the world and in the most traumatic times in people's lives.
CBF's Council on Endorsement considers applications three times per year. The Council on Endorsement is composed of a diverse group of CBF-endorsees and has been in operation since January 1998. Learn more by viewing our brochure.
The next Council on Endorsement meeting will be held March 14-15, 2014. Applications are no longer being accepted for this meeting. Update endorsements, requests for board certification letters and renewal letters, and information updates are accepted at anytime. A date for the next Council meeting in summer 2014 will be set in mid-March as well as the corresponding application deadline.
For an additional information concerning endorsement, please email us at email@example.com and a member of the team will contact you as soon as possible.
Sign up to receive the monthly CBF Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling e-Newsletter. The e-newsletter is a platform for community among CBF-Endorsees and a means to stay connected with CBF life. Hear the latest from CBF leadership, nuture your call to ministry, pray for one another, learn about resources and events, be the first to know about job opportunities, and share your experiences. Subscribe today to receive future editions of the CBF Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling e-Newsletter.
Facebook: Join the Facebook group for CBF-endorsed chaplains and pastoral counselors
KEEP IN TOUCH...
We desire to be a supportive presence for you in your journey of ministry. Let us know how you are doing! Also, if you have a change in employment or contact information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your story with the CBF-endorsee community! Tell us where you see God at work and we'll feature it in the Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling e-Newsletter! Please limit your contributions to 300-350 words in length and submit a photo if possible. Email your contribution to email@example.com by the10th of each month!
About the ministries of CBF endorsed chaplains and pastoral counselors:
- A client story - Chris O'Rear
- Pastoral counselor uses dreams to help diagnose depression’s root causes
- 'A holy moment'
- 'Stand in the rain with them'
- Chaplains extend presence of Christ in hospital setting
- Chaplain ministers to patients, families at Texas hospital
- Hospital chaplain shares God's love with patients, staff
- Chaplain ministers to guards at federal prison
- CBF-endorsed chaplain sees God’s grace at work in prison ministry
- Army base creates unique ministry setting for chaplain
- Former Marine follows call to ministry in the military
- Navy chaplain Wiggins ministers to recruits at Parris Island
- CBF chaplain strives to be the presence of Christ in war zone
- Air Force chaplain ministers to patients, staff at hospital in Iraq
- Dual role in hospital, military gives chaplain unique insight
- Army chaplain ministers to soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan
- Soldiers benefit from chaplain’s experience in Iraq
- CBF-endorsed chaplain ministers among military in Gulfport
- Chaplain provides pastoral care to military chaplains in Afghanistan
Public safety chaplains:
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... - Ch. Tommy Deal
- Prestigious honor awarded to CBF-Endorsee Chaplain Jeni Cook