Advocacy In Action
Justice. Freedom. God’s mission.
March 10-12, 2014
- Explore advocacy as a faithful expression of Christian mission
- Learn how to be an effective advocate – locally, nationally, and globally
- Exercise our voice by interacting with members of Congress
- Experientially engage an issue (e.g., poverty) through various media, daily reflection and prayer, and discover how transformation occurs
- Develop individual and congregational capacity for leadership around advocacy
- Interact with hands-on ministries among most-affected populations through CBF missions
- Connect with a DC-area congregation to experience local church advocacy
Join CBF hosts Devita Parnell and Harry Rowland and presenters Stephen Reeves and David Gushee to learn about CBF's new advocacy efforts and strategies.
- Stephen Reeves is CBF's new associate coordinator of partnerships and advocacy. Read more.
- David Gushee joins CBF in 2014 as theologian-in-residence to help CBF think about theological and ethical issues related to advocacy work. Read more.
For more information, contactDevita Parnell.
Read one participant's reflections on her Advocacy in Action experience.