The Fellowship's 2012 Task Force
The 2012 Task Force report recommendations are an opportunity for you and your church to help CBF move into the future. Here are three ways you can participate:
Send partnership letter. The Task Force report suggested congregations could embrace their identity by sending a letter outlining the details of their partnership with CBF. Learn more and view church letters.
Engage in Mission and Ministry. CBF’s new structure will include two Councils for Missions and Ministry. Get in on the ground floor by joining a Missional Community.
Attend CBF General Assembly in Greensboro. The revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws and nominating committee report will be voted on in June.
Track the Transition
In October 2012, the Task Force Implementation Team presented a Transition Timeline to the CBF Coordinating Council. Track the progress of the Transition by following the Timeline links below:
• Coordinating Council discussed Transition Timeline on October 24-25, 2012
• Coordinating Council elects transitional Nominating Committee on January 17, 2013
• Legal Committee drafts revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws before February 18, 2013
• Coordinating Council approves Constitution and Bylaws revisions on February 21-22, 2013
• Transitional Nominating Committee names new members of Governing Board, Missions Council and Ministries Council on April 4, 2013.
• General Assembly hears reports from Committees and approves new Constitution and Bylaws revisions on June 27-29, 2013.